If I cannot do great things
I will do small things in a great way.
God doesn’t expect us to do extraordinary things-
He wants us to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.
(St Teresa of Lisieux)
St Benedict’s seeks to develop the whole person. We are a Catholic School inspired in our mission by the vision of life that is found in the teaching of the Gospel, the Church, sacramental life and in Jesus Christ, who came that we ‘may have life and have it to the full’
In striving to fulfil this mission we reflect the spirit of our patron St. Benedict. In practice this means that we seek to:
- Encourage, support and inspire young people and the wider school community in the journey of faith
- Create a well-ordered family community, a family of the Lord’s service where everyone is valued and respected
- Develop the intellectual, creative, physical, spiritual and religious potential of every pupil and encourage involvement in extra curricular activities such as sport, music, drama and community service
- Work in partnership with parents, parishes, feeder schools and the wider community in a spirit of mutual service for the benefit of all
- Prepare our young people for life beyond school and in particular develop personal integrity, moral values and a sense of justice so that they ‘act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with God’. (Micah 6:8)